Protecting health from climate change is a priority, especially Now when the environment is more affected than ever, in this article we offer you relevant information on the matter and some suggestions on what you can do to take care of your well-being.
In this section we provide some data that you may not have known and that serve as evidence to validate the effect that climate change has on people’s health.
- Climate change affects social and environmental health factors as it affects clean air, drinking water, food and a suitable dwelling.
- It is estimated that between 2030 and 2050 there will be at least 250,000 deaths caused by climate change in consequences such as poor nutrition, malaria, diarrhea and heat stress.
- The estimated cost of damage caused to health by environmental pollution is between 2,000 and 4,000 million dollars a year and this figure will remain until 2030.
- The countries with the worst health infrastructures will be the most affected by these changes unless they sell with the necessary help.
- Human health could be improved if greenhouse gas emissions were reduced by choosing other materials to transport food and using energy efficiently to reduce air pollution
How does climate change affect people’s health?
It is proven that climate change is a threat to the health of humanity and specialists from around the world are showing the evidence of this crisis to find a solution.
According to the intergovernmental group of experts on climate change to avoid high-level health impacts and prevent deaths. For this reason, it should be avoided that the temperature increases 1.5 degrees Celsius, this degree of heat is not considered safe and can cause a great impact on the life and health of people.
The main affected would be the inhabitants of countries and communities with low income and resources; however, there will be no human being on planet earth who can be safe from the effects of climate change.
If you want to know how you can contribute to reducing climate change with positive actions, on our blog you will find some articles available that may be of interest to you and inspire you to start acting right now.
What are the health risks caused by the weather?
Phenomena such as heat waves, storms, floods, changes in food systems, increases in diseases and parasites admitted by water, food and other factors add to Mental Health problems to the detriment of the quality of life of human beings.
This reality is especially affecting vulnerable populations made up of women and children, ethnic minorities, poor communities, migrants and displaced people, as well as people who are elderly or have other health problems.
However, scientific advances are making it possible to identify alternatives to reduce global warming and other climate changes. Even so, it is opportune to emphasize that the improvement of the living conditions of human beings depends on the contribution that each person can make for this purpose.
For example, reducing polluting gas emissions to the environment, caring for the world’s plant species, seeking organic crops, the rational use of water and the efficient use of energy.
Otherwise, if climate change continues to advance, it is possible that some years later the conditions of planet Earth will have changed so much that it is no longer possible to live on it, which would cause not only the loss of this ecosystem as we know it, with its plant and animal species, but also of the human species.
Of course, the responsibility would rest with no one but humans, but if we really want to do something to change the damage that has already been done to Earth, now is the time to start.